Monday, May 7, 2007

Why a blog on books?

I LOVE BOOKS!!!

What a glorious invention... books! What could be better than an afternoon spent strolling the aisles of your local Barnes & Nobles, Borders or your local library?

When my kids were little we used to go to the library and make an afternoon of it. We would leave with bags and bags of books. As soon as we got home, we would dump all the books on the bed and I would spend the next few hours reading them out loud. Glorious well spent hours.

I have my favorite books (from all catagories) and I want to share them with you. You can go to the links and buy them from Amazon.com which will help keep me financially afloat, or use your local library system to find them.

I can't say that my reviews will be the best, but there are others who spend their days writing reviews so that you can find out what the book is about.

My goal here is just to point you to the books that I think are the best and tell you why I think they are the best. Of course, I'll let you know which books my kids think are the best also.

I hope this will help you to locate some fun and fine books to read.

Bobbi

No comments: